In preparation for some upcoming application deployments that rely on the latest .NET Framework I did a test deployment to a small (50-ish) collection of Windows 8.1 x64 laptops.
My .NET 4.6.2 setup is fairly simple: it’s in SCCM as an application using the full executable and my full install looks like this:
NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /q /norestart
Almost immediately I had a failure and they kept rolling in, all failing with a 16389.
Luckily, the fix was fairly simple…
After a quick look online I went into my application and in the ‘Program’ tab I had to click to enable the “Run installation and uninstall as 32-bit process on 64-bit clients.”. D’oh!
There it is:
Once that was clicked and redistributed out to the distribution points (just to be safe) the angry red failures have all disappeared!